exotic fish for community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jp69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a community tank with clown loaches and red line torpedo barbs and other non aggresive fish and they are all bigger than 10cm....im looking for an exotic fish that will be awesome to have...any ideas on what to get??

I was thinking of an arowana but not sure if it will eat my other fish

Well, an arowana gets too big

It's peacful huh, there are a lot more oddball agressive! Semi agressive
How about a badis badis, also known as the chameleon fish, it does just that, it changes colors to match it's surroundins, very cool!
Or you can try halfbeaks

Dont really like them....want something thats really weird and that peoplewould be like wow look at that fish

My favorites are royal farlowella catfish, loricaria cat, whiptail cat, hatchetfish and clown loaches

Black ghost knife or African brown knife? Would need to do more research on requirements, tankmates, and size but just gonna mention a few others: leopard ctenopoma, Amazon puffer, festivum cichlid, fire eel, Senegal bichir.

Already have that leopard ctenopoma...but yeah still nothing i really wanna get...any other ideas for freaky weird fish

Upside down catfish?

I agree with getting a black ghost knife or brown knife, 125 is really the minimum for the BGK's but you could swing it in a 120, the brown knifes stay a bit smaller and would do well but IMO the blacks are much cooler. Both are fairly peaceful but can occasionally eat a smaller fish.

You could also do a green phantom pleco or some other type that'll stay on the smaller side to allow you more room for stocking other fish

I think its 120 gallon....we normally work with liter and its about 520 liter tank....and yeah i have an upside down catfish thats about 15 cm....really cool fish and not aggresive at all

How about a elephant nose or baby whale fish then again a dolphin fish I have 2 african brown knives there cool also african butterfly they tend to be aggressive to top dwelling fish theres eels of all kind...

What about a peacock eel ? They got a neat slender look and wouldn't bother any fish of decent size ?

Back
Top Bottom