Exporting plants and inverts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adastra808

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, just looking to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge about moving aquarium plants and shrimp out of the U.S. I'm moving to Germany in a couple months and would like to take my black crystal shrimp and some of my plants with me and I'm having difficulty finding any information about the legalities of doing such :/ anyone have suggestions?
Thanks!

Adastra808 said:
Hey, just looking to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge about moving aquarium plants and shrimp out of the U.S. I'm moving to Germany in a couple months and would like to take my black crystal shrimp and some of my plants with me and I'm having difficulty finding any information about the legalities of doing such :/ anyone have suggestions?
Thanks!

You will probably have to ship them to your self. It will be very risky though.

I'm not sure if you can take them on a plane, but I'm sure you can ship them in a box through the mail. No one will know whats inside, I guess. But, I know some places like Hawaii don't allow plants or food or anything alive from the mainland or other countries. I don't know if Germany is like that or not, but I doubt it. But, if I were you I would ship them in a box through UPS or something.

Back
Top Bottom