Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Extra plus side to pre-filter sponges

So I've been fixing the ten gallon--it was a kit that was a return (so cheaper) but I didn't like the tetra whisper filter than came with it--took up too much room, and didn't seem to do that great of a job. So a few days ago, I got an Aqueon 10 and went ahead and grabbed a fluval pre-sponge filter to put over the water intake to prevent any mishaps with fins or shrimps, and to add more bio filtration opportunities.

Well, I've found another plus to the sponge--all the little bits of food that get sucked up to stick to the sponge, the corys and shrimps have cleaned off already. Definitely was not expecting that. *lol*

^_^

Tags
filter, filter sponge, sponges

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com