fake plants can look good to!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
there was a post i think in the general discussion about fake plants and aquascaping and i thought it would make a good post here. so post your fake planted tanks or half fake half real. here is mine to start off the pack. enjoy!!
img_623452_0_9739eb9a1c95d7d699c45ea66505c138.jpg

lol i was aware of those threads. i posted this in the planted forum under the new aquascaping section but it was moved apparently becasue it didnt fit the thread. thats why i put
there was a post i think in the general discussion about fake plants and aquascaping and i thought it would make a good post here.
here being that other thread.oh well lol u win some u loose some.

I'm undecided about fake plants right now, I like them for the easy maintence but I hate how some look really cheasy and they float up, now mr. funktastic has done a good job of picking out some fake plants that look really real, i want to do a live plant setup, but the whole CO2 thing has got me down, its to expensive and apperently you must have it, so iono lol but good job mr. funktastic, how about you design my tank and save me the trouble lol

i would be more than glad to give u some design ideas. and u do not need co2 for a planted tank. that is a common misconception that people have. there are soooo many low light plants u can use that still grow great and look great also. pm me if u want a little more info. if not just make a post in the planted section for more opinions. i have live plants in that tank aswell. there is no co2 and i only had a 15 watt flourecent light pver 20 gallons. didnt even hit the 1 wpg mark lol but plants still grew nice. the funniest thing is that the plant a the very back in the middle is one of the best looking ones and it is just a cheap plastic plant from my dollar store!!

as funk said, there are several categories of planted tank, ranging from easy low light no CO2 needed, to frustrating high light where CO2 is a lifesaver. Plus stages in the middle.

the plastic plants do look bad, but there are a lot of silk plant makers out there that put out good stuff. with proper care and cleaning, silk plants last a long time and are worth the cash if you want a 'planted jungle' that's nearly maintenance free.

i have high lighting and no CO2, and here is how my tank looks:

FullView.JPG

we're about to get CO2, and it's going to be a hastle....i almost don't want to get it because of that, but my dad wants it so we'll see how it goes...i think it already looks pretty damn good without it though, and i'm positive it will look superb when we do have it

but CO2 is not required and nor is high lighting...we have high lighting and it works great without CO2, but we know once we get it, those plants are going to grow like crazy!

what are u calling highlight? have u not had algea problems? tank looks great i love bowfronts. i am looking into a 29 bow right now

we have two 96W CFs, but we only use one of them currently

yes, we did have a MAJOR algae problem at first, but we got al-gone and bristlenose plecos and otocinclus, and after about 2-3 weeks it's pretty much taken care of for the very most part

i have heard that CO2 will help balance out your algae problems but i really don't know if that's completely true

oh it helps lol. alot. co2 takes out what the algea needs or converts it or something lol. i have neevr had a algea breakout in my tank since the co2. i occasionallly have to do a quick wipe of the glass ubut thats it. and io only have 1 otto and a siamese algea eater. plus the plants grow comepletly different once u add co2. way faster and way more colour.

Back
Top Bottom