Fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. I have a question about my yoyo loach. I have 3 of them(haven't seen one in about 3 days) in my 29 and I have a bit of a snail problem. Just real small snails. I think my yoyos and my 1 clown are taking care of them but my question is about one of my yoyos. It is about 2 1/2 inches long but fat as ****. Its over an inch, closer to an inch and a half in all directions. Only 1 of them is like that. Is that normal? Is he just eating a ton of snails or do the breed. I haven't heard of yoyos breeding but I also haven't seen one this fat. Thanks

I don't think they breed too easily in aquariums, so I'd say that is most likely not it. But I did have some Yoyos and a couple of them were really fat. I just figured those were females. 1 in particular looked like it ate a few fish (it didn't though). :) I'd say the fat ones are the females. I would just make sure they are still acting normally and don't have some type of disease, but its probably just the females that are well fed.

Yea makes sense. I haven't heard of breeding them either so shes probably just eating too many snails. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom