Fat clown loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have three clown loaches in my 58 gal planted, along with some guppies and tetras. They are about 3 inches long, maybe 4. One of them has the fattest stomach. You can see the stomach, like a black sack, as well. I don't notice it as much in the other loaches as the fat one. I rotate feeding flake and frozen food, plus I put in sinking pellets most days. I have tried cucumber, but no one ate any of it so I pulled it out after a couple of days. All three of the clown loaches will come to the top when I feed and they are constantly picking at the ground.

Is it normal for a clown loach to get fat?

Thanks,
Kimberly

they are very greedy, but you might want to cut down on the feeding so they are plump and not fat. They actually get up to 14 inches.

My clowns are also quite aggressive feeders, even at the surface. They clean up so well that in not much left for my true bottom feeders. I now have a much larger tank than anything I've owned in the past ( 90 gal) so I think these fellows my end up causing me some problems in regards to size in the future. I don't think I will have much problem finding them a good home though. FYI: have you ever tried putting a marble in your tank? Mine two move it around like a socccer ball. Its fun to watch.

Do clown loaches get along with African cichlids? I'd be afraid to try, but I've always liked them.

Back
Top Bottom