fat neons still look like theyre about to burst!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millym

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi
i put a post a few weeks ago about a couple of neons we have that had developed grossly(& i mean grossly 8O ) distended abdomens. thanks to all who responded with lots of good advice...but my 2 neons are still huge & still eating & swimming as normal & basically i dont have a clue. should i be worried. ive attatched a pic showing one of my fatties from behind to give you an idea.
any help suggestions as always most appreciated.

ooops have attatched the same pic twice ....sorry dont know how to get rid of it.

fat neons still look like theyre about to burst

2nd pic of one of the plumpers!!! 8O

Yeah, that looks like dropsy. A fish doesn't need to look like a pinecone to have dropsy, thats just one of the symptoms.

Did you treat them at all? Sounds like (for now anyway) the internal organs are mostly functioning, but I can't say how long that will last. Hopefully things have stopped at this point *fingers crossed* but we won't know for sure until they start unswelling (would mean the kidneys are functioning better and removing enough fluid again).

Back
Top Bottom