Fav HOB filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fav filter

• Hagen Aquaclear

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Marineland Emperor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penguin Bio Wheel

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Tetra Whisper

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Aqueon Quiet Flow

• API Superclean

• Penn Plax Cascade

• Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since the Sun sun canister I just bought is likely to be nothing more than an expensive paper weight I was wondering what everyone picks as their fav HOB filter.

Aquaclear. Nice big area for tons of customizable filter media. Quite, high powered, and has a flow control.

Yep can't go wrong with aqua clear.
I'm curious though as to why the sunsun filter is bad?
I was thinking of buying one.
Thanks

Yep can't go wrong with aqua clear.
I'm curious though as to why the sunsun filter is bad?
I was thinking of buying one.
Thanks

The levers to open the filter were poorly constructed and when I attempted to open it filter for the first time they both snapped like a twig. With the bad reviews regarding customer support I don't really expect to hear back from them. I'm not sure if the levers were connected to some mechanism to open the filter but I can't even begin to get it opened.

Thankfully though I have $35 work of loyalty points to spend at big als pets so I can get a pretty big discount on a new filter.

The levers to open the filter were poorly constructed and when I attempted to open it filter for the first time they both snapped like a twig. With the bad reviews regarding customer support I don't really expect to hear back from them. I'm not sure if the levers were connected to some mechanism to open the filter but I can't even begin to get it opened.

Thankfully though I have $35 work of loyalty points to spend at big als pets so I can get a pretty big discount on a new filter.

Ok thanks for the warning.

Yea for HOB I will never buy anything but Aqua Clears I have a few emperor 400s that i bought new and worked well but seem to get noisy after 6 mos or so. I tried to save money buying them and still ended up spending the $99 on the AC110s. The emperors sit in their box for emergency's.

Can you post some photos of this 'sun sun' filter please?

I'll give it a few days to see if I hear back from them about the filter. If I don't then I'll make a whole thread with pictures about it and post a link to it here.

I like my penguin 200, bio wheel makes sense to me, I am investing in a aqua clear though, I guess we shall see!

Back
Top Bottom