Favorite freshwater fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
whats your favorite freshwater fish? and why? do you have any? and whats its name? just wondering :)

Dwarf Gouramis. They are beautiful and get along great with anything. non aggressive but somewhat territorial. they are like puppies, mine will swim in and out between my fingers. Great Additions!!!

Guppies :) they're so colourful, dead easy to breed, and they have personalities. Mine all come to the front of the glass and stare at me. I thought I was supposed to be watching them, not the other way round ;)

I have a couple of favorites one are farlowella cats they are just plain cool and also flying foxes they are so fast and always doing something

BN Pleco, yes I know there are numerous varieties with fantastic markings. My trio (all in different tanks) are just fascinating and they all have their own 'personalities' too !

My friends red belly named Davey Jones, he is ugly as sin and I breed feeder fish to send to his locker muhahaha lol, his feeder fish are called "davey snacks"

crayfish(especially my blue) and rainbow sharks.

Banjo catfish- plain and simply it helps take care of the tank. It will burrow under the sand and you might not see it for days at a time but it is super cool when you do. One quick shake and it sinks... makes me :lol: all the time

Otos! I have six that I originally added to clean-up a diatom outbreak (which they quickly did), and they have easily become my favorites. They are little hyperactive eating machines. So much fun to watch!

-JD- said:
Otos! I have six that I originally added to clean-up a diatom outbreak (which they quickly did), and they have easily become my favorites. They are little hyperactive eating machines. So much fun to watch!

Gotta agree. Mine also shoal with my other fish when bored, and one of em likes chasing my khuli loaches

I have to say I ADORE my two cockatoo apistos...I pretty much talk about them when ever I get the chance! They are like my little water puppies :) this is a pick o my baby girl...she is feisty, and don't even think about lookin at her when she has eggs! Haha :)

Attachments

• image-613521777.jpg
    image-613521777.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 150
She watches me as much as I watch her!

Attachments

• image-2755205891.jpg
    image-2755205891.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 145
Haha...sorry to be obnoxious! Just two more pictures!

1) is my handsome boy (I believe they are triple reds)
2) is them playing :) aren't they sweet?!

Attachments

• image-1468774305.jpg
    image-1468774305.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image-3780037024.jpg
    image-3780037024.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 140
Haha...sorry to be obnoxious! Just two more pictures!

1) is my handsome boy (I believe they are triple reds)
2) is them playing :) aren't they sweet?!

wow such a pretty fish! my favorites:
1) my african dwarf frog
2) my guppies
2) my betta ariel

kathleen55 said:
wow such a pretty fish! my favorites:
1) my african dwarf frog
2) my guppies
2) my betta ariel

I actually haven't named them yet...superstitious! :) so far, it has been "baby boy" and "baby girl"

Back
Top Bottom