Favorite Freshwater Fish For 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angels get way too big for a 10g.
I entirely agree. My angels aren't even full grown, and their fins would stick out if the water and be dragging on the gravel at the same time in a10 gallon tank. In a 10, you will stunt their growth for sure.

How many do you think would fit in a 55 gallon? It doesn't seem like a good idea from what I read that keeping 2 or 3 is not good. That it is either 1 or 4 or more. Is this true?

I agree with jeta. They are not as peaceful of a species as people think. 29 is ok, but there is never a guarantee of any once they reach sexual maturity and decide who else in the tank they do or do not like.

I have mollis, angels, yeah, I know most folks don't think they belong in a 10g tank, but when ya buy em real small they're ok, guppies, platy's and tetras, danios, and anything small like these also some cardinals or neons. Love it.

Rozdab said:
How many do you think would fit in a 55 gallon? It doesn't seem like a good idea from what I read that keeping 2 or 3 is not good. That it is either 1 or 4 or more. Is this true?

Uhm..or a pair? 2 angels is good and very common. Like jetta said if u have 3 and they pair off and have eggs theyll pick on the odd one out.

I have mollis, angels, yeah, I know most folks don't think they belong in a 10g tank, but when ya buy em real small they're ok, guppies, platy's and tetras, danios, and anything small like these also some cardinals or neons. Love it.
A 10g stunts their growth. I have friends who have done it too, so I know the angels can live through it, but they would be much better off in a larger tank.

absolutangel04 said:
A 10g stunts their growth. I have friends who have done it too, so I know the angels can live through it, but they would be much better off in a larger tank.

Yah If you saw how big a full grown angel is dont see how you could condone putting it in a 10 gallon let alone a pair.

The video will be up in about 45 minutes.
Channel name: antmantis1

With dark green plants, I would have a betta and a small school (3-5) of neon or cardinal tetras. The colors would look great together and neither of these will harass the other.

Back
Top Bottom