Favorite schoolers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for your top 10 schoolers. Preferable middle level, not nippy, and peacful. Pics are helpful. Just want to get a huge list and then narrow down from there, I also Ike tight schoolers, colorful, active, and all

I just ordered 5 emperor tetras from my lfs--- I'm so excited!!
1024px-Nematobrycon_palmeri.jpg

Here are a few that I really like.

Kerri tetra, Inpaichthys kerri

Glowlight danio, Danio choprae (NOT to be confused with Glo Fish, ew...)

glowlight danio

Flame tetra, Hyphessobrycon flammeus- These are nice and cheap!

flame tetra

You can also get flame tetras in an orange variety, a selectively bred color variant of the same species.

orange flame tetra

These are very cool fish, but they get pretty big, are super active, and can easily intimidate fish that are more shy.

How do you think they would fare with a male Betta and 6 neon tetras in a heavily planted 29?

I ordered 5 emperor tetras, and thought I might up my neons to 15?

I would worry about them with the Betta because of possible fin nipping, and possibly with the neons for the potential that the emps would intimidate them into total shyness. I will say, emps and neons are not a combination that I have tried before. I tend to stock emps with larger, more boisterous tetras like rosys, lemons, diamond, head and tail light, bleeding heart, etc. They also make good tank mates for some of the medium to large sized danios like purple passion or giants (no giants in a 29, though).

Back
Top Bottom