Favorite type of Cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friendlyfish42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's everyone's favorite type of Cory? I'm looking to add 6 of these guys to my 29 gallon tank, but I can't decide which species I want. :)

Juliis are awesome and stay fairly small, extremely active and hilarious in groups of 6+

I love my peppered! They're constantly playing "tag" with each other! My sister and I are constantly watching them play around. Plus they keep my tank impecably clean:D

I always liked peppered ones. Yesterday I picked up 6 leopard cories. They're pretty cool. They look like julies but have a stripe running down their sides.

Geez, this is hard.. I like all of my 6 types.. But I really do love albinos and my sterbais.

corydoras schultzei black strain. I have a breeding group, although they haven't done much breeding this year.
img_1481312_0_33c5aa6df7c283b90f244f9f701af485.jpg

corydoras schultzei black strain. I have a breeding group, although they haven't done much breeding this year.
img_1481321_0_33c5aa6df7c283b90f244f9f701af485.jpg

Wow was that your old profile pic? I never thought it was a cory. Never seen that type before though. Is it rare?

Look up black corys n sterbai, I have a couple of sterbai's, they look nice when they r in a big group.

Aquabid is the only place I've seen them for sale in recent years, they are not extremely rare but certainly not common.

AquaBid.com - Item # fwcatfishc1312470610 - EXTREMELY RARE !!! Corydoras sp. 'black' - Ends: Thu Aug 4 2011 - 10:10:10 AM CDT

Yeah I sold close to 50 of them on AB last year. At the time I think redkahuna was selling them as well, but it looks like falcone has them too(along with pretty much every other cory)

The strain has been around for years, not sure why it hasn't become more common, according to that auction they are still fetching a good price, for a corydoras anyway.

Yea 11$ a pop is a little expensive but if i had the space i would definitely get some.

That black strain looks great! Personally, I am partial to juhlii and elegans. They are very pretty with all the spots and they tend to have rounder noses than some other corys.

Back
Top Bottom