favourite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmaster999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi everyone im just wonderin wat everyones favourite fish are

i have a 2ft tank an gettin a 4ft an i wana no some cool fish for it

plzz reply

thanx

Well... I'll bite.

I've been encouraging ppl to buy rainbowfish recently. The species I mention mostly are: Boesemani, Praecox, Celebes. These would do well in a 55 Gallon (4") or so.

FW>>>>I like personable fish.
Currently it is a toss-up between my graceful BKG and my wiley Betta pugnax and my polypeterus. My daughter it is the discus and the BKG. I also greatly like my striatus botia. If I had to choose just one? More pugnax.
my son still loves his chocolate gourami.
I like all anabantoids generally.
For a larger tank I would talk biotope and then chose from there. Get one feature fish and select all tankmates around it.

My favourite fish?

It would have to be my betta's, All of them. Whenever I'm near the tanks they swim to greet me, and even lay on the sand and just stare at me.

My female betta in the 29gal did that this morning, and had the CAE land on top of her and pin her!

He got bit in the bum for his attempt to wrassle her. :lol:

My favorite fish right now are Badis.
jmaster999, you need to decide what type of tank you want: peaceful community, semi-aggressive, aggressive, one large fish, many small quick fish....

madasafish said:
Well... I'll bite.

I've been encouraging ppl to buy rainbowfish recently. The species I mention mostly are: Boesemani, Praecox, Celebes. These would do well in a 55 Gallon (4") or so.

I totally agree. I have all three. I particularly love the reflective blue on praecox rainbows.

I also love German Rams and Ropefish. Ropefish make a tank so much more interesting and do fine with rainbows in the same tank. The only problems with them are that they have horrible eyesight and they are unbelievable escape artists!

My favorite fish has to be the Oscar.
Totaly awsome fish with a great personality.
But you caould only keep one in a 55 gal tank.

ooh ooh! my favorite is definitly the columbian shark. these guys need a bigger tank, around 60 at least once they start to grow. and as they grow (up to 18 inches) theyll need a bigger tank. but they are absolutely the most beautiful fish, and such a graceful swimmer. plus theyre convinced that they arent really a catfish species, but they are true blooded sharks . . .well my noodle thinks shes a real shark at least. these guyz are soo personable! my noodle adores me, as i do her. she has different ways to communicate what shes feeling (do i sound odd? truly she does.. :) ) when shes happy she'll blow happy bubbles at me, and when im studying next to the tank she'll sink down and just stare at me with her puppy eyes.
columbian sharks are my favorite!

I would have to say gouramis. I love them! They are so neat to watch with their feelers!

theres some cool fish there might hav a look into

i want a nice community tank really

but thanx and plzz keep tellin me ure fav fish

thanx

Personally, I really like coolie/kuhli loaches - they [can] come with super-distinct markings and there's just something about them that I find really appealing. Tiger barbs have oodles of personality and are always darting around; neon tetras are absolutely gorgeous in their "simplicity" (but they definitely look best in big schools), and gouramis - as has been mentioned - are also really neat. Dwarf puffers back a lot of spunk for their size. Also the so-called butterfly fish, which hangs out at the surface with these really exotic fins spread to keep it afloat, but it usually requires freeze-dried if not live foods and may snatch up smaller fish. Oh, and clown loaches are also really cool; they have super-smooth "skin" (no scales) and they sleep on their sides out in the open somethimes. You could do a whole "tiger-striped" theme with clown and kuhli loaches, tiger barbs, and anything else that has that coloration.

Ghost shrimp. It's interesting to watch them groom and scavenge. Though they need places to hide to avoid being eaten, unless you have tiny fish who don't eat them, or unless they're those aggressive evil ones that gang up and attack goldfish (as per one member's experience).

I saw a few at Petco the other day that looked kinda like Indian Prawn but one was about the size of my hand!

if you want a community tank definitely get some cory's and clown loaches. Both have sooo much personality and are alot of fun to watch. The cory's are so adorable at feeding time and the clown's are just hilarious. My black skirts are also pretty amusing sometimes....they forget they are supposed to be middle-top and hang out down below with my corys!! 8O LOL just my .02

My Favorite is the Arowana, but a 4 foot tank would be two small. Next favorite would either be a Green Terror (New World Cichlid) or Electric Yellow (African (Malawi) Cichlid). You could get away with two Green Terrors in a 4 foot tank depending on the footprint, and probably 6-10 African Cichilds.

Opps my mistake the last line should be 2 Green Terrors on 6-10 African Cichilds, not both in types in the same tank.

Back
Top Bottom