Favourite fish to watch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shetland James

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's everyone's favourite fish to watch?

Personally, I like watching my Silver Dollars. I only actually have two and it's in a tank which is about half-too small. As there's only two of them, they're a bit skittish. When I feed them peas they go crazy for them, eating them whole sometimes, and when I feed the tank generally, they fly up to the top and eat some flakes and you can see the air bubbles coming out through their gills. Fascinating fish!

Balloon Mollies are also fun to watch cause they're so brilliant looking.

Enthusiastic fish are always fun to watch.

Baby guppies are often fun too, cause they start rushing to the top. Every time you get near the tank, and totally get excited.

My plec on the other hand is very, very timid. He's quite small so that's maybe why, but I have to spy on him to watch him. Any glimpse of me and he's gone.

I love watching my botia loach. When he gets hungry, he attaches himself to one of my Silver Dollars. I'm guessing he tries to suck the slime off the Silver Dollars...it's funny though...it looks like a big parasite is attached.

My Praecox rainbows attack food like maniacs, even if they got fed ten minutes ago.

It's fun to watch the khulis squiggle around the tank and I love looking for whiskers sticking out of weird places.

RCS are fascinating to watch up close. I love the way they're constantly moving and picking.

My male bettas are probably the most interesting fish to watch. They flare and show off and have fun causing trouble. They'll chase another fish around the tank or knock snails off the glass for kicks.

My favorite fish to watch is my Raphael catfish (whenever he was out and about). I let my girlfriend adopt him because she really liked him.

I also like to watch my silver dollars too, and the rainbow shark. The shark is territorial and runs anyone out of his territory (LOL). He's usually chasing the gouramis.

I'll have to get some peas to feed my silver dollars too (I forgot they like them - bad fish mom).

Gail
GPG

I like my black loaches, they're nuts and never stop. My bettas are funny too, because if I don't have the pellet in there in .5 seconds, they are jumping out of the water. I love love love watching my mystery snail trying to hide the algae wafer under herself, away from the other fish, and when she puts out her "snorkel" to get air from the surface. The corys are also funny, since I moved them to the bigger tank, they have gone bananas! They fly from side to side, and the bigger one always darts to the top and jumps, (good thing there is a lid on the tank). The little endlers are always trying to be like the loaches, and they ride the bubbles all day.
I wouldn't have my fish if they weren't fin to watch! LOL ;)

I love to watch my 3 Goldies. My two males are always nudging each other for food and my female one couldn't be bothered. She thinks their silly boys. I also love watching my Corys in my other tank. they're like little helicopters hoovering all over the place.

I love watching my spotted african leaf fish (leopard ctenopoma), they have huge mouths and sometimes they "yawn". Also they will come out and beg for food whenever I walk by the tank. They have cute personalities =)

Of the freshwater fish, the Mbuna's are all pretty cool, but I really like N. brichardi, its just so elegant in the water. My favorite however is probably S. nigriventris, I love watching them swim around upside down when they are out and about.

The corys does it for me when they bolt to the surface, come down the same speed and then go all mellow and relaxed on the bottom of the tank...with business as usual.

Angel fish

For me is my Angel fish, he is always observing what is going on in the tank, like thinking you know......
He always "dance" asking for food when I got closer to the tank.

I agree about kuhli loaches. Bettas are pretty fun too, if you've got one with good personality. And I also agree about RCS, they're not so much fun, but really interesting.

I have to say my betta. He is like a dog. Whenever I walk in my room he swims like a freak or whenever someone is too loud outside, he tries to look out the window to see what's going on. Better yet, when my roommates comes near, he puffs up and blows bubbles. He SO has a crush on her. haha

I like watching all of my fish but I get tickled at watching my ghost shrimp. They come out of hiding when I feed the fish. Yesterday I saw one trying to hide an algae wafer I dropped into the tank until some of the other fish noticed. It was hilarious.

Bettas. Especially the long tail variety. The way they move and their tails fanning...

Jenatron's betta is pretty interesting to watch, he's quite funny.

but my fish personally is my starry blenny, something about the random swimming and vicious munching is hilarious and interesting

I have to say my betta. He is like a dog. Whenever I walk in my room he swims like a freak or whenever someone is too loud outside, he tries to look out the window to see what's going on. Better yet, when my roommates comes near, he puffs up and blows bubbles. He SO has a crush on her. haha

HAHAHA! A betta in love. Ahhhh! That's hilarious! :hugs:

Back
Top Bottom