Favourite schooling fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rummynosed tetras are my favorite of the tetra group. I just think they look so neat. They can be sensative, but just do your water changes and you'll be fine.

I agree, I LOVE the Rummynose Tetras. Another one of my favorites are the High Fin Serpae Tetras. Ok, so I just listed the Tetras in my tank, but they ARE my favorite. :D

I love rummys as well. I also like bleeding hearts and red eyed tetras. Harlequin rasboras are nice looking peaceful fish as well.

rummynoses are great! i also like red phantom tetras and black phantoms. the reds can get very bright, and are a good color accent to a tank. praecox rainbows are pretty and stay small. very irridescent silvery blue with bright orange fins.

Will I be the only voice for Serpaes? LOL.

schooldaze4.jpg

My pack of 15 Tiger Barbs rule a 50G tank. They are afraid of NOTHING that hits the water, including nets and arms. One bit me the other day when I was cleaning thier tank. And it's fun to watch them fight with each other to see who the "BIG" fish is in the tank it's a great show.

Jchillin said:
Will I be the only voice for Serpaes? LOL.

Nope, I second that. Got only 6 of them in my 46G and they are not really schooling, except when I gravelvac or cut the plants, but they are much more fun to look at than my 12 neons... :D

serpae tetras, CLown loaches, and cory catfish... yes they area ll in my tank but i wouldn't have them if they wern't my favorites!

discus?- do they count, they school.

But other than that its a tie between cardinals, rasboras and a big group of tiger barbs.

serpae tetras and zebra danios, my 5 danios in my 10 gallon are by far the most fun to watch and play with, they follow my face around the glass when i get home, i have some rumy nose too but they are shy, my pristellas look amazing when they happy but they arent very active either unless their eating

Praecox Rainbows are incredible. The red fins flicking and simultaneous flashing of their iridescent blue scales is awesome. The only issue is price. Around here they range from $5-10, or $3 for small ones, which I like best but they don't come in very often. I'm also a big fan of checker barbs.

i love serpae tetras....... but my silver dollars are my very favorites i know they're big but they are my favorite. i have 6 of them in my 90 and they school perfectly all the time. i've even netted them all together !! i wish could take a pic of them when they are about 1/2 an inche beside , slightly angled so all you see is 6 eyes all in a perfect row . when they are hungry it's fallow the leader till i walk past to get there food, they congregate on the corner i'm standing or fallow me if i walk past . and two of them are turning 6 years old in march!!!!

Back
Top Bottom