Feeder guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If feeder guppies go uneaten will they grow to the size of a normal guppy? Or will they be smaller or die before that?

Keep calm and drum on

Feeder guppies will grow to full size.

Only real difference from fancy guppies is lack of selection for desired traits.

They will grow to the size that their genetic line allows. Though with no inbreeding controls they have a few more mutations.

If there is not enough food for the guppies though growth might be stunted or may even starve.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fedder guppies tend to be smaller than fancy guppies. The fancies are specifically line bred for size while the feeder guppies are just thrown in a small pool and let to do their work.

Would they do well in a quick flowing tank? I've been wanting to add more guppies to my 55g but with the current the fancy guppies have a hard time because of their big tails and they just get thrown around

Keep calm and drum on

Would they do well in a quick flowing tank? I've been wanting to add more guppies to my 55g but with the current the fancy guppies have a hard time because of their big tails and they just get thrown around

Keep calm and drum on

You could try, it's hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom