Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandysBows

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I know the rule feed as much as they eat in 5 mins. That is hard to judge when the food falla to the bottom I cant see if they ate it or not. Also what is the best food to feed them?

Bala shark, red tail sharks, angels, catfish, dinosaur eel, a couple I'm not sure what they are.

Thanks for any advice.

That's a pretty tall order. At least you have a huge tank for all of those fish. :lol: I've heard a lot of things like as much as they will eat in 2, 3, or 5 minutes. It really depends on how often you feed them. I've been experimenting with doing one larger feeding each day. The fish are far less likely to leave scraps this way but I'm still not sure if it's the best way.

You'll hear the most recommendations for NLS or Omega foods, though lately I've been mixing in some of my own homemade gelfood and some occasional frozen foods. I like the NLS pellets the best because those that do fall to the bottom stay intact for awhile. Your red tail sharks, catfish and probably even your angels will continue to pick them off the bottom until they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom