Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it important to feed fish at the same time everyday?

My humble opinion is that they aren't on a schedule in the wild. They eat when they can, and my fish have done great on my "sloppy" schedule.... Others, I am sure, will beg to differ

i agree with Ich. It doesn't really matter with most species. There are a few slow feeders, bottom feeders, or nocturnal feeders that do well feeding them with sneaky schedules just to make sure they get food. For example, I put my frog's pellets in right after the lights go out for the night, otherwise the loaches will steal them all.

i agree with Ich. It doesn't really matter with most species. There are a few slow feeders, bottom feeders, or nocturnal feeders that do well feeding them with sneaky schedules just to make sure they get food. For example, I put my frog's pellets in right after the lights go out for the night, otherwise the loaches will steal them all.
I only feed every other day, not really at the same time either.

I used to feed twice a day small amounts, now once every day small amount alternating between minnows/ wax worms to pellets , two of my fish will only eat live so they eat every other day, this helped with my water clarity from in eaten food Also

Back
Top Bottom