Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #1

Feeding

I have some aggressive predators and was wondering what y'all do In terms of a feeding schedule for ur fish? Mine is

Monday-no feeding
Tuesday- bloodworms and krill
Wednesday- no feeding
Thursday live feeders
Friday no feeding
Sat and Sunday are both bloodworms and live feeders depending on what I have left for feeders

As far as it goes it's working pretty well for me but want to make sure it's enough to keep them healthy and happy.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

we don't know what kind of fish you have but unless you raise your own feeders your better off not feeding them , only fish I gave feeders to was a red snakehead that would not eat anything else even dead fish he killed
if you must feed fish try freezing them over night it will kill most of the parasites
try to get you fish on pellets and fd krill
my fish love the pellets and sticks from kens fish ( Fish Aquarium Supplies, Pond Supplies, Breeding Supplies, Fish Food)
I have also fed my fish meal worms that are easy to raise or cheap to but earthworms , crickets

Old 08-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICEY View Post
we don't know what kind of fish you have but unless you raise your own feeders your better off not feeding them , only fish I gave feeders to was a red snakehead that would not eat anything else even dead fish he killed
if you must feed fish try freezing them over night it will kill most of the parasites
try to get you fish on pellets and fd krill
my fish love the pellets and sticks from kens fish ( Fish Aquarium Supplies, Pond Supplies, Breeding Supplies, Fish Food)
I have also fed my fish meal worms that are easy to raise or cheap to but earthworms , crickets
+1... I would slowly eliminate live foods from your fishes diet. May make them happy but definitely not as healthy in the long run. 3 brands of pellet stand out from the rest in terms of ingredients and that's NLS, Northfin, and Omega 1. Can't really go wrong with any of those 3 as a staple diet for any fish.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #4

The live foods are really for 1 fish a 4-5 inch long gator gar......the rest of the fish took to frozen foods very well.

I've tryed freeze dried frozen and pellets on the gar but won't take any of them eats them and then spits them right back out.

Tags
feed, feeding

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com