Feeding an angelfish thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my first time putting an angelfish in a community tank i normally feed them flakes abs bloodworms
But the other fish go up quicker and beat the angelfish to the food it only gets a few bits
In your experience:
1. Wait till the angel fish learns to go for the food
2. Feed him with tongs

Fishandmusic81 said:
This is my first time putting an angelfish in a community tank i normally feed them flakes abs bloodworms
But the other fish go up quicker and beat the angelfish to the food it only gets a few bits
In your experience:
1. Wait till the angel fish learns to go for the food
2. Feed him with tongs

How big is your angel compared to other fish. Mine are dicks. They bully the rest of my fish off the food. Or at least they try too. I always wait for all my fish get to the surface before I put in food that way everybody has a fair chance at the food. My angels also really love the bottom feeder wafers they eat more of it than the fish I intend to eat it do so you could try that as well since the wafers last more than a few seconds. Although I wouldn't recommend use as the main staple.

Rlavassor86 said:
How big is your angel compared to other fish. Mine are dicks. They bully the rest of my fish off the food. Or at least they try too. I always wait for all my fish get to the surface before I put in food that way everybody has a fair chance at the food. My angels also really love the bottom feeder wafers they eat more of it than the fish I intend to eat it do so you could try that as well since the wafers last more than a few seconds. Although I wouldn't recommend use as the main staple.

The angel fish is alot larger pretty much an adult and the rest of the fish I have are lemon rummy and cardinal tetras
I guess seeing that yours got more competitive for food I'll just wait to see them get more comfortable

Fishandmusic81 said:
The angel fish is alot larger pretty much an adult and the rest of the fish I have are lemon rummy and cardinal tetras
I guess seeing that yours got more competitive for food I'll just wait to see them get more comfortable

Yea I would too. They can be a bit timid in new tanks until they're comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom