Feeding betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chandeptitious

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I'm relatively new to betta keeping and I was wondering how many times a day I should feed my boy? And how many pellets/bloodworms/shrimp should he have at a time? I know his stomach is about the size of his eye so I assume it's not much (I've been giving him 3 pellets at a time twice a day at the moment, and I have nothing else to feed him yet). Thanks for any help/information you guys can give me :)

Hi! I have had a betta for two years (he died two months ago) and I fed him once everyday. I would suggest once a day so your water doesn't foul up.What size tank do you have?

I'm not sure on sizing pellets, but they're hikari betta bio-gold if that helps at all? And I keep him in a 9 Litre tank.

I feed mine three pellets once a day. That has seem to be better for them. I was giving them five but their bellies were looking bloated afterwards or they wouldn't eat all the food. Three seems to be the best so far.

I feed my Bettas about 5+ pellets once a day, sometimes I will feed them a bit in the morning.

Careful about the bettas feeding. Too much and it can cause the betta to be bloated, just imagine the betta stomach as big as its eye. Feed it to fill half. I would feed it blood worms every other day. I feed 2 worms a day. 1 in the morning and 1 in the night. Then on the last day of the week, I feed it a little algae pellet to clear its system. Hope this will help you. If you do not watch the feeding the betta might start having difficulties trying to swim down, and when it tries It floats up. That's a problem as well which could be prevented by simply feeding sparsely but not too little as well. Good luck

Sent from my LG-P880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed my beta 2 pellets once a day. But it's not a big deal to skip a feeding or two, it's actually good for them to have a fasting day once a week. They can live for a week or two without food.

Mm I've read about fasting, I was going to do a fast day and pea day every weekend. That would work, wouldn't it? He had swim bladder disorder before which I read was caused by over feeding/constipation. That's why I asked this in the first place :) Thank you for the detailed answer @lovecatfish! That helps a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom