Feeding Betta fish and Plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
(posted this in the wrong part of the forum so reposting here :))

morning all,

Sorry if i seem a bit of a newbie but i need to ask. We have recently got a betta fish, i did do some research but everyone keeps saying different things so here goes. i have frozen bloodworms for the betta as i saw that they pretty much live off these things. seeing as they are frozen in little cubes you get like 50 in a cube so putting a cube in at a time is pretty reckless and would contaminate the tank, but it also seems extremely wasteful to thaw off a cube to get maybe 3 worms out of it to feed the fish then throw the other 40+ away. are there better ways to get the worms from the cubes so its not as wasteful? and should i rinse the worms after thawing? i have heard many people say "yeah put the cube straight in the tank" some say " dont put frozen food in the tank" some say "thaw it off and get what you need and throw the rest away" there are many different opinions. can anyone please shed some accurate light on how to feed frozen blood worms to betta fish whilst not being wasteful and without contaminating the tank.

also as i have a pleco (about 1inch at the moment) i was curious as to the best material to use to help (for example) cucumber pieces sink so as to not contaminate the tank?

many thanks in advance i look forward to learning from you all

Back
Top Bottom