feeding brisslenose plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MICEY

Aquarium Advice Freak
what should I feed my brisslenose pleco now that he eat all the alga, I have been giving him kens green crumbles , after lights out but don't know if he is eating them b

I take a cucumber or zucchini, slice it all up, put them in a ziploc in the freezer (separate the slices so they don't freeze together) Then a couple times a week I take out a slice, let it thaw in warm water, then stick it to the side of the aquarium with a veggie clip. Leave it in overnight. My BN Plecos and other fish love them. I actually do 3 at a time because so many of them eat it. (I have a lot of algae eaters and my platies like them, too)

Also, make sure you have driftwood for them to chew on. They need it to survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shrimp pellets, veggie wafers, krill pellets of you can get em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 12"x4" piece of drift wood in there , does the zucchini need to be frozen or blanched or can it be raw , I put a raw piece in this morning and it is gone but my yo yo loachs might have eaten it

Either or. Algae tabs work well. If you are worried about the yo yos eating them, add some more food in a different place on the tank XD

That's what I do--I put 3 of them in different places in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your plec should be okay then. :) Just try to keep an eye on it and you should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom