Feeding Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I caught a nice sized female walleye this evening. Can I feed some of her eggs to my tetras?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! I will try it tomorrow because today is being spent trying to get more 'eyes. :)

I'm paranoid about feeding wild food. I worry about Parasites esp.

I know a lot of reptile and amphibian keepers who have killed their pets feeding wild food so even with my fish I'm very, very cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm paranoid about feeding wild food. I worry about Parasites esp.

I know a lot of reptile and amphibian keepers who have killed their pets feeding wild food so even with my fish I'm very, very cautious.

I'm with you! I'm not positive but im pretty sure disease and such can be passed through eggs??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm with you! I'm not positive but im pretty sure disease and such can be passed through eggs??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With eggs, my main concern is parasites. But if adults are infected with something, the eggs may be as well ?

I used to breed Bearded Dragons, and I know several people who killed theirs feeding wild food.

Even when I had Tarantulas, I bought Crickets and pinkies and bred Discoidalis Roaches for them.

I used to manage a Reptile store, so I got to hear lots of horror stories.

Where u fishing at?? Shabbona

Not shabbona. 100 acre lake right by my house.

I wonder if I could use my qt tank to test things out with a few of the neons. Feed them a few eggs for 3 days, and give them 2 weeks to see how everything goes.

If the fish is safe for human consumption it should be safe for fish

Not shabbona. 100 acre lake right by my house.

I wonder if I could use my qt tank to test things out with a few of the neons. Feed them a few eggs for 3 days, and give them 2 weeks to see how everything goes.

If the fish is safe for human consumption it should be safe for fish

*shrug* just freeze them. It will take care of parasites. That's why shashimi is required to be frozen before it can be sold in the US

To the freezer with them! Still want to try the sample feeding just to be safe

Back
Top Bottom