feeding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickb144

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. Can anyone please help. Should I have my filter running when feeding my fish. I have a 110 litre tank with a Eheim Professional 3 250 External Filter. Only have a few fish at moment which I just transferred into my new tank and will be adding more shortly. Someone recently told me it was best to switch filter off. I had a much smaller internal filter when I got that advice. Not sure now with my new external filter. Thanks Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Can anyone please help. Should I have my filter running when feeding my fish. I have a 110 litre tank with a Eheim Professional 3 250 External Filter. Only have a few fish at moment which I just transferred into my new tank and will be adding more shortly. Someone recently told me it was best to switch filter off. I had a much smaller internal filter when I got that advice. Not sure now with my new external filter. Thanks Nick

I don't see a need to turn the filter off. Some individuals prefer to lower the flow when feeding but I leave mine on normal and I see it as the fish having to work a little more for their food.

Thanks. Will just lower the flow a little bit then but will def keep it on. It does make perfect sense to make the fish work a little to get their reward. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom