Feeding Fish Black Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

How would you feed fish black worms?I tried to feed them once an my LFS said to just dump them in the tank.Then the next day(after being dumped in the tank)they were popping out of the gravel.Next week the water god all cloudy until i did a water change.The fish i have i the tank is one betta,four ADFs,two otos.

I feed blackworms to all my fish. I use a cone worm feeder. Make sure you rinse them extremely well before feeding, in a brine shrimp net. Store extra worms in a shallow container with holes on top, covered with 1/4" of water in the fridge.

They'll eat it right up! Just don't overfeed, or you'll wind up with the same problem--worms in your gravel, fouling up your tank. Just place a few (about 1/4 tsp) at a time, into the feeder. Your pets will learn, that's where the food is.

When feeding live worms it's very important not to overfeed. You might try dropping a few in the tank at a time and see if a feeding frenzy develops. Also you should have a good bottom feeder that can take care of the few that maked it to the gravel. :wink:

If you have cories, they generally take care of any stray worms that make it to the bottom. Once in the substrate the worms will poke their heads up through the substrate at night and that's when the cories forage the most.

khuli loaches would probably work. from what i've read, they are good at getting between pieces of gravel, which is most likely where spare worms will be.

Back
Top Bottom