Feeding fish pop rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just eating pop rocks the other day when I wondered how fish would react to the pop rocks. I didn't feed any to my fish (I'm not that stupid) but was just wondering how you guys think fish would react. Do you think it will harm them or do nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Come on... fill a glass with water and throw some in.. see what happens.. don't ask about feeding seagulls Alka seltzer next:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A good way to cause pop eye.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I fail to see how this wouldn't harm them. If they ate it, it would be bad for their intestines. They can even get bloated and die from fish food that absorbs too much water ( like freeze dried bloodworms). Why even think about wasting pop rocks? Just throw them in your champagne like everybody else.

Come on... fill a glass with water and throw some in.. see what happens.. don't ask about feeding seagulls Alka seltzer next:p

Don't they explode if you do that?

Are you just trolling on here? Looking at your previous posts about putting lemon juice in your tank, pop rocks, stocking a 60 gallon with a gar, knife fish, oscar, etc...it just seems like a lot of common sense stuff or things you could simply google to find the answer to rather than creating a thread about it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Are you just trolling on here? Looking at your previous posts about putting lemon juice in your tank, pop rocks, stocking a 60 gallon with a gar, knife fish, oscar, etc...it just seems like a lot of common sense stuff or things you could simply google to find the answer to rather than creating a thread about it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have googled most of those things. But when I looked for feeding fish pop rocks or adding lemon juice to my tank nothing showed up and for the 60 gallon tank I didn't realize how big they got. I wasn't planning on feeding my fish pop rocks I was just curious.

I have googled most of those things. But when I looked for feeding fish pop rocks or adding lemon juice to my tank nothing showed up and for the 60 gallon tank I didn't realize how big they got. I wasn't planning on feeding my fish pop rocks I was just curious.

I can't believe you googled "adding lemon juice..." Because the third lead in that query shows results linked right here to AA from 2005.

https://www.google.com/search?q=add...m+water&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

To save you some time, you should also not pour liquor or beer into your tank to see if fish get drunk.

To save you some time, you should also not pour liquor or beer into your tank to see if fish get drunk.

What?! Fish are excellent drinking buddies! Never start any trouble or try to drive home after a few too many... well.. except for oscars.. they're aweful drinking buddies.. woke up with a guppy drawn on my forehead in sharpie.. who uses a permanent marker!?!?!?

I fail to see how this wouldn't harm them. If they ate it, it would be bad for their intestines. They can even get bloated and die from fish food that absorbs too much water ( like freeze dried bloodworms). Why even think about wasting pop rocks? Just throw them in your champagne like everybody else.

Should I stop feeding my Betta's freeze dried bloodworms

And what about Betta pellets

Back
Top Bottom