Feeding human food to fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone I just thought it would be nice for everyone to know about feeding our food to our fish. For ex. meat, veggies etc. Feel free to stop by and write your thoughts

A high quality pellet should be effectively all that is fed. In my tanks it is the only thing fed.

Forester said:
Hi everyone I just thought it would be nice for everyone to know about feeding our food to our fish. For ex. meat, veggies etc. Feel free to stop by and write your thoughts

Peas (shelled) are good for cleaning them out, zucchini, lettuce and spinach are all good to.

Peas are like crack to my Moors lol. They love it and get some once a week.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

I feed nori (seaweed for sushi) zucchini, peas, broccoli, beef heart, shrimp, cucumber and green beans to our fish.

For every day food, I have made my own which is the peas, broccoli, beef heart and shrimp with spirulina and multi-vitamins blended and mixed in with knox gelatin (flavorless)

They also get a light feeding of store bought dried food and frozen foods.

I feed peas once a week, blanched zucchini when I get it and blanched spinach. I haven't experimented with meat yet but I usually give my fish a treat of frozen bloodworms once every 2 weeks.

I am with Mr. Limpet about the peas- my cories eat them like there is no tomorrow.

I feed my fishies blanched broccoli, and peas and fresh zucchini. They dont really like he lettuce or spinach so I stick to those veggies. I have tried green beans but they don't like that either. Other than those I feed ghost shrimp and feeder fish. And of course flacks and brine worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I don't feed my fish any "human" food. They get NLS thera A for every meal. I feed FD treats a couple times a month, only as a show for guests - there's nothing more exciting than topwater action, especially for fishermen :)

I used to have goldfish and koi. I would occasionally feed them lettuce, peas, and orange slices. They loved them all. I've also given them insects I've caught around the house. I don't know if it's safe, but they lived years after eating them and didn't get sick.

I feed my community tank a variety of foods, but learned not to give them bloodworms and then anything else. They will ignore the other food.

Fish! i feed mine some atlantic whitefish or something every 2 days (in tiny pieces), its obvious becaus they always eat the baby fish so why not give 'em what they want ;D

When I had angelfish they always enjoyed a nice juicy housefly, but then again, that's not really human food is it! (yech!)

My corys always enjoyed a little rinsed spinach.

Back
Top Bottom