Feeding live mosquito larvae I found in neighbor's pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afFISHionado

Aquarium Advice Regular
My neighbor just told me about all these things he saw in his pool wiggling around. Immediately I thought, Cool!! he's got live mosquito larvae in his pool - I can use this as a food source for my fish! Indeed, they were mosquito larvae and he has literally hundreds of thousands of these little guys. He stopped maintaining the pool a couple of months ago and the water looks like pond water. I brought over a Tupperware™ container and netted a couple hundred. My fish FEASTED!!! I began to wonder, maybe this isn't the best idea since his water could contain some nasty microorganisms. Does anyone have any advice or experience they can share about this?

Wouldn't worry too much about nasty organisms; chances are your fish will be fine. Just make sure he hasn't use any pesticides.

Well, if he used pesticides they sure didn't do much to keep the skeeter larvae at bay - so I'm guessing I'm okay in that department (fingers crossed anyway). Thanks for responding Allivymar.

Back
Top Bottom