feeding live worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubble bobble

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some works from the lfs, the only live food they had. they called them black bloodworms. theyre thin little red worms, given to me in a little plastic tub in some water.

I got the smallest amount (1/2 oz) and it's probably enough to feed day and night for about a week or so, when i guess they will no longer be 'live' food.

the fish love them.

is it ok to feed them only these for a while, or do i need to break it up with normal flake & pellets? how often should i feed them the worms?

what are they really called? i have a feeling it isnt 'black bloodworms' so i can research about them.

the fish are 1 angel, 1 spike-tail paradise fish, a couple honey gouramis, and some endlers livebearers (which will swim around with a worm about half their size hanging out of their mouths until they can break it into smaller peices...

I wouldn't feed them only live foods for a whole week straight. Fish can get spoiled and refuse to eat other foods. I would interrupt feedings of live worms with other foods. The worms may live if you can keep them cool and in water.

Back
Top Bottom