Feeding my Betta???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone!! I just purchased a Betta but am not sure how much I should feed him. Below is a picture (and my hand for relative size haha). He is a one year old male and is about 6 or 7cm. Advice is appreciated [emoji4]IMG_0489.jpgTTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 51
If you are using sinking pellet food.......feed 3 pellets twice a day or 4 pellets once a day. That seems to work well with my betta. Their stomachs are pretty small and they don't need much. Fast him for one day once a week.

If you are using sinking pellet food.......feed 3 pellets twice a day or 4 pellets once a day. That seems to work well with my betta. Their stomachs are pretty small and they don't need much. Fast him for one day once a week.

Thanks, they’re floating but I can make them sink [emoji4]

Floating will work too. Their mouths are actually built to eat from the surface. I was just thinking about my pellets. I use Omega One betta pellets. They float for a bit then sink.

Floating will work too. Their mouths are actually built to eat from the surface. I was just thinking about my pellets. I use Omega One betta pellets. They float for a bit then sink.

How do I get him to come to the surface? (because he isn’t noticing them if I let them float)

I've always had them come to the tank for feeding and looking around for the food. Has he been eating? He maybe a little stressed so he might not eat right away. If he doesn't eat for 3-4 days don't get to concerned.

Back
Top Bottom