feeding my pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
which one?

which do you reccommend, bogwood or driftwood?

driheyftwood.

is "driheyftwood" a typo or a type of driftwood?

I bought a little driftwood log yesterday - it's supposed to float for 6 - 8 weeks !?!?/

then it sinks then they eat it??????

Ed

pleco...which one?

Have we ever determined which pleco we are dealing with here? Is it the one most stores sell as a "common pleco"? Can you post a pic of it? There are so many different ones. Many LFS are guilty of not posting the correct scientific name to a fish that is on display and it's hard sometimes to determine what you really have.
Logan J

Pleco

You're right...20 lashes for me with a large trout for not going back and reviewing :oops: . I have always kept a piece of driftwood with my pleco. Many of them do eat it. There are a couple of varieties that require it as a fundamental part of their diet. You might try some frozen bloodworms if you want to test your pleco's appetite for something meaty. Mine really loves them. Definitely feed him some zuchini occasionally though and watch his eyes and stomach. If they appear sunken, he isn't getting enough to eat.
Logan J

My plec is a sailfin, very similar to a common pleco. He gets fed every day. Foods he loves are parboiled zucchini, cucumber, yellow squash,(these can be cut up and then frozen on a cookie sheet and put into ziplock baggies in the freezer, defrost/parboiled as needed). He also loves all brands of algae tablets, and Wardley shrimp pellets. Every so often I feed romaine lettuce--usually will eat it after 24 hrs. in the tank. Most plecos will clean a tank even overgrown with algae overnight (if they are the herbivorous type, anyhow) so its important to feed them just like your other fish. I highly recommend feeding them vegetables, and not just the fish foods. Also when I have a decoration in another tank overgrown with algae I just move it to his tank overnight, and the next day it is spotless! And driftwood is important also.

Back
Top Bottom