feeding neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirBubbly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
is there anything else that i can feed my neons besides flakes, their mouths are so small, they can't even fit in a bloodworm.

I feed my neons frozen bloodworms successfully, I just crush them up in some water and the pieces are small enough for them then.

for mid-large neons you can buy hikari micropellets which are uber small. new life spectrum also has small fish food but i have no experience with it.

After adding plants to my tank I got a nice pond snail infestation. Instead of freaking out and over reacting I've embraced it and just crush them up when I see them. My neons love to swim around and eat up the snail chunks. Not really sure if that helps you though. :wink:

I also feed my neons (5), pot belly mollies (2) Silver Hatches (3) Dwarf Gourami (2) Mini Crabs (2) flakes and frozen brine shrimp, all of them seem to like it fine.. surprisingly the mollies will eat i too, i was told at Petsmart they only ate flakes and vegetables..

My neons eat frozen bloodworms, it's comical to see them swimming around with them hanging out of their mouths while they chew them down. They also eat Hikari freezdried tubiflex. Now if I can just keep my angels from eating my neons.

Back
Top Bottom