feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwk5270

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been feeding my angelfish flake food specifically for angelfish. I just got some emperor tetras. Should I just feed them that or should I get new food for all of them?

What brand food is it?

Both fish are omnivores so I can't see there being a huge issue with it though personally I'd round out both diets with some other options like bloodworms, tubifex and fresh veggies.

A good quality flake like New Life Spectrum Flake with Garlic and bloodworm every now and then, will also being there colours out more and protect against other health issues. A good varied diet is always better, flake, pellets, frozen food, boiled shelled peas.

What fresh veggies would they eat. I do feed bloodworms every once and a while. The brand of flakes is O.S.I.

What fresh veggies would they eat. I do feed bloodworms every once and a while. The brand of flakes is O.S.I.

There are a lot of options really, I think you'd be surprised on what you can feed.

Some of my most common veggies are peas, carrots and brocolli. Zucchini and cucumber seem to be popular options too.

Generally you need to blanch them to soften them and peel as needed. I use frozen peas, just take a few out after cooking when I prepare supper, squish the insides out and let them cool a bit before offering. Same sort of deal with carrots and brocolli, cook until soft and break off small bits.

They may not take it right away and may take a few tries before they realize it's food. You can leave it in for a couple hours and scoop out anything that's not eaten.

I should add that I also only offer veggies about once a week or twice in very small portions.

Back
Top Bottom