feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back In college I know of one that went one month ... Christmas break ... Without eating in a bowl. The guy forgot about it and left it behind ... His room was also locked so no way anyone fed it. He thought it we dead, but it moved ... I was there when he got back and unlocked his door and the first thing he said was "I left my fish here all break"!

So yeah, i would think a few days shouldn't do any harm.

Same story that happened to one of my sorority sisters. She actually purposely got to school earlier than everyone because she was almost certain they would be dead and smell :(

Much to her surprise they were alive! She believes they survived off the algae on the rocks...I just think it was pure luck!

So yea, it's not ideal but 3-4 days should be ok

Acctually if it's only 3-4 days then it is ideal. Feeding regularly every day is not as healthy as skipping a few days every once in a while. Especially with gold fish I think it's important to make sure your fish isn't getting over fed.

Your goldies will be fine for 3-4 days. If you live plants though, they may be destroyed. Just don't make a habit of it especially if they are growing youngsters. :)

Back
Top Bottom