feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m_e23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a marbled goby who's in a tank with my figure 8 puffer and im haven't seen him eat since i got him about 3 days ago. He mainly lives in a small cave during the day so its hard to tell if he eats when he comes out at night. Im mainly trying to feed him frozen blood worms and krill.
I've also tried feeding him at night but have the same problem with the puffer eating everthing in sight.

So on to the questions

1. Does anyone have any good ideas in getting the food to his cave so he has a better chance of eating since the figure 8 basically eats everything before it even gets close. Keep in mind the tank is too big to put my arm in and feed him.

2. Any suggestions on other food to give a try maybe a good pellet or wafer to use.

if marbled gobys are anything like dragon gobys, then i assume they're nearly blind. if they are also filter feeders, a sand substrate works perfects , as the goby can scoop up food and sand together, spit the sand out throught his gills, and then swallow the food

also try ghost shrimp

Back
Top Bottom