Feeding questions..what do you use? how often

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
75 gallon tank.... currently i have 18 T.barbs, 6 Corys, 2 kribs and 1 Rainbow shark. I currently have the omega one flake food...also have frozen brime shrimp and bloodworms in freezer. How often exactly do you feed your fish? I have always fed flakes once in morning and once in evening.. Everyday for years, and maybe once per week i would give either frozen brime shrimp or frozen bloodworms.
I am now reading that alot of folks feed 3 times per day? This would not be overfeeding? and do you feed flakes three times per day? if not, how often should I go with the frozen brime shrimp/bloodworms? am i missing any other food that i should suppliment with my current stock? I used to do shrimp pellets years ago, but my corys eat up the flake food that drops.. so i no longer own shrimp pellets... I am asking this now and considering changing routine because i just upgraded to 75 gallon tank and this is becoming more of hobby to me then ever before.... im getting addicted..thanks for the imput...

I feed only once a day, just enough for the fish to eat in about 3 minutes. Do not overfeed and don't be persuaded by what others may be doing. Every tank is different. Some people might feed 3x a day but have really heavily planted tanks that benefit from the extra fertilizer (fish poop). I would just feed a nice pinch in the morning and perhaps drop in a pellet in the evening. I do bloodworms 1x a week and brine shrimp or daphnia 1x a week. You don't have THAT many fish considering you have a 75 gallon so don't feed too much.

Back
Top Bottom