Feeding schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MisFit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey what do u guys think a good feeding schedule is I feed every night diring the week and once in the morning and once at night on the weekends is there a better way to feed

MisFit said:
Hey what do u guys think a good feeding schedule is I feed every night diring the week and once in the morning and once at night on the weekends is there a better way to feed

VARIETY VARIETY VARIETY! Lol. I like to feed mine something different each day, and I usually feed them one a day. But I feed them in the morning one day and the night the next, so it is more like in their natural habitat where they don't get their food at the same time every day

VARIETY VARIETY VARIETY! Lol. I like to feed mine something different each day, and I usually feed them one a day. But I feed them in the morning one day and the night the next, so it is more like in their natural habitat where they don't get their food at the same time every day

thats a great idea, does it affect juvenile fish to do this?????/

abrahamavelar said:
thats a great idea, does it affect juvenile fish to do this?????/

Younger fish have a higher metabolism, so I usually feed my guppy fry a small amount more often.

abrahamavelar said:
ohhh ok i really like ur feeding method im going to try it =)

Ok. You don't have to do it in the mornings and evenings you could also do it in the middle of the day... I mean like alternating.

Hard to keep track of feeding time since i work. As stated keep A good variety of food each day. I feed once a day, 6 days a week and let my fish fast for one day. Usually the fasting day is the day im unable to come home or when im really busy. If im not busy then i end up feeding everyday since its better to feed then when i have time and when i remember.

Oh btw feeding schedule will depend on the fish that you have.

abrahamavelar said:
Like it deoends if they are nocturnal or not???

IMO time of feeding is irrelevent as long as the fish is eating and not skinny or fat. Some people end up feeding their fish on a fixed time schedule since it has become routine for them. I just happen to feed enough to keep healthy looking fishes.

What i meant is: Some fishes need to eat every day since they are constantly active. Others show very little activity and needs to be fed every other day. There are also fishes that will need to be fed less as they get bigger.

Ohhhh well currently I have c tiger barbs 4 black skirts 2 gourami (3 spot) all of this are juvenile , 6 platys 1 rainbow shark, and 1 pleco n pictus that r about to get taken to the lfs if I can catch them

abrahamavelar said:
Ohhhh well currently I have c tiger barbs 4 black skirts 2 gourami (3 spot) all of this are juvenile , 6 platys 1 rainbow shark, and 1 pleco n pictus that r about to get taken to the lfs if I can catch them

I would feed them two times a day if they're juveniles. But when they get older you don't have to do this.

abrahamavelar said:
Oh ok thx, also I have this dumb question after wat point do fish stop bein juvenile???

When they reach their full size. If u do some research u usually can find some numbers on how big the species usually gets. Also if u notice them stop growing, they're full size. Also a lot of times their colors will mature... but as they get to be elderly sometimes their colors start to fade ( I have a red delta tuxedo guppy that's 2 years old, and he started to not show all his color anymore.)

Back
Top Bottom