Feeding Sterba's Corys in a mixed tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott_R

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When I get my quarantine tank cycled I'm going to put in a half-dozen Sterba's Corys. After a few weeks to be sure they're not sick, they're going into a 23G long tank with 10 cardinal tetras.

How do I feed them and make sure they actually get fed?

I've been feeding the CTs Fluval flakes. I also have a container of New Life Spectrum Thera Small Fish Formula; I tried giving it to the CTs a few times but they didn't seem terribly interested. Since they're sinking pellets would that work best for the corys?

I also may have to modify how I feed the CTs. When I decided to make corys part of the tank (it was a tossup between them and kuhli loaches) I split my substrate, scooping out 1/3 or so of the gravel and putting down sand for them (I made a small barrier to keep the gravel and sand apart). Not thinking, I got into the habit of feeding the tetras on the side of the tank with the sand, and they have started to congregate there just before feeding time. Should I train them to feed on the other side of the tank (with the gravel), so they'll be distracted when I drop in food for the corys?

Back
Top Bottom