Feeding Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Steve

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gal community tank with 4 fish: 1 bristlenose pleco (2.5 in) 2 platys (2 in & 1 in) and one swordtail (2 in).
I was just wondering what suggestions people have for feeding. What kinds of food? How often? How much? etc.
Thanks! I'm excited to hear everyone's advice!

So many options!

I like Hikari foods for base staples. There are many pelleted and wafer foods and they are formulated to not cause clouding of the water. The favorite of many fish are the sinking omnivoire bottom feeder wafers. Micro wafers for community fish are good. Also there are freeze dried really convenient and frozen foods (baby brine shrimp) fish love.

Fresh brine shrimp, and a variety of worms black worms, Tubifex, Blood Worms (some people can have an allergic reaction, not too common - I have it, lol) from reputable companies or people who have a healthy culture.

I second Hikari. I also recommend sheet seaweed. If you feed once or twice a day, removing anything uneaten after a few minutes, you will learn how much your critters like to eat.

Back
Top Bottom