Feeding Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've fed my otos broccoli and green leaf lettuce and they've chowed on both. The one time I put some squash in, they seemed to love that too. :)

to answer the question on how much you feed, it should be enough for the fish to consume over a period of 2 minutes but not so much that they leave the extra in the tank. Otherwise you'll dirty your tank up much fast which can lead to diseases.

If you feel your fish aren't getting enough food it might be a good idea to feed them more times a day. I feed my fish three times a day, morning, afternoon, and after dinner. That way I can feed them a large variety of food in small amounts and they really seem to like eating throughout the day. Plus that way even if they still act hungry I know they are all getting enough to eat. If anyone walks near one of my tanks the fish all come up to you acting like their starving and they haven't eaten in weeks, lol. I think in the wild fish graze all day so it makes sense to me to feed em more than once a day.

I will have to try something else, the lettuce didn't quite go over very well... Perhaps I will try again some other day... like tomorrow. I think I will look for leftover cucumber...

Back
Top Bottom