Feeding troubles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nomadu571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am just curious to know if anyone has shrimp in their community tank, if so how do they stop other fish nicking algae wafers? My barbs are fine with the shrimp and equally the two bamboo shrimp are not shy and will move around the tank freely, sitting in front of the filter for most of their food, but to supplement I was told to use algae wafers, so brought some for bottom feeders and shrimp/crustaceans, but the barbs will not leave them alone and steal them before the shrimp have a chance. The moss barbs are fed once a day, but are always constantly hungry. Any ideas?

You could try feeding the barbs at the same time as the shrimp to distract them. Or break the wafers into little pieces so the shrimp can grab a few. I'm not sure if bamboo shrimp can eat wafers though. They are filter feeders and need small sized particles. I would try feeding them with ground up flake food.

--Adeeb

I've seen the shrimp almost literally knawing on the wafers, they don't seem to mind them, but I might try your idea of grinding up some flake and feeding barbs to distract, feed them while at the other end get some ground up stuff to sink to the floor. Cheers for the advice.

- Millsy

Back
Top Bottom