feeding your "sharks"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i3k

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What do you feed your catfish sharks: white tip catfish sharks, red tip sharks, bala sharks etc...? has anyone ever fed their catfish some human food? boiled chicken? I fed them boiled chicken a few times and they seem to go crazy over it and never had any problems digesting the chicken. I don't think the chicken is harmful to them, or am I wrong?

im pretty sure if its cooked (boiled) its bad for them. some people do feed their fish like lil beef thingys (i think) but im not sure. some people use the cocktail shrimp. and im not really sure why they arent eating their flakes etc. have you tried bloodworms or brine shrimp?

I have 2 balas and 1 albino rainbow shark. I've never tried anything from "my kitchen" but they like the bloodworms, brine shrimp, krill and the algae discs I feed my pleco. Of course, Charlie (my pleco) usually has something to say about that. :D

Oh, the sharks do eat flakes I feed them Tetro Min Pro crisps they eat anything I throw in the tank. I was just wondering if anyone else tried feeding them something different. 8)

I use veggies, and the tetra crisps also for my balas. My rainbow tetra flakes and algae wafers. Plus they eat anything else they get ahold of when I feed the other fish in the tank.

The beef thing Krap was thinking off is beef heart. If you want, you can suppliment their diet with just about any seafood you want including muscles and shrimp.

mine just scavage along behind my firemouth and salvivi's, they puff it out thier gills and he's right there like a pilot fish :lol:

My red-tailed eats the flakes off the bottom of the tank, and any slimey stuff inside (he's had to really scavenge...he has competition now!). He goes beserk over brine shrimp, and that's all I've tried to feed them. I follow the policy:

Dog food is for dogs
Fish food is for fish
PPl food is for ppl
Cat food is for cats
All the above food is for cats

Just my $0.02 on this topic.

Dog food is for dogs
Fish food is for fish
PPl food is for ppl
Cat food is for cats
All the above food is for cats
LMAO!!
I don't have a dog, but my cats go nuts for ppl and fish food!

Back
Top Bottom