Feeling good with where it's at, so: what's next for my 10 gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hluke2131

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone --

I've got a pretty-well-established (about 16 months) 10 gallon planted tank (a couple of Anubis, 2 amazon swords, a java fern and a small grass-like plant whose name I can't remember) with 4 tetras, 2 platies, and 2 nerite snails.

What's my next move? I don't have any experience with guppies yet, but I know they look awesome (and my 5 year old would dig them). And I think they're small enough(/have a small enough bio load) that they'd still do well in the tank, right? Is that a good move? How many (and boys or girls)?

I'm, unfortunately, not in a position to upgrade to a bigger tank at the moment. I'm hopeful that'll happen eventually. But for now, I'd appreciate advice for this existing tank.

Especially since I'm relatively new to the hobby, I'm having a hard time sitting still.

Thank you much!

What kind of tetras do you have? Platies have a pretty large bioload for a small fish as do guppies (livebearers in general are kinda messy.) I'd probably just leave it, IMO. A big bioload already for a tank that small.

Back
Top Bottom