Female Betta and Male guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tormented

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like the know if 1 female betta can go into a 10 gal. tank with 4 male guppies with out problems. I would like to know ASAP. :fish2:

Yes I never had problems with mine. It depends on the fishes personality though.

I had three female bettas and a breeding pair of guppies. The only problem I had was the male would sometimes go after a betta. I think it might have been because he only had one female guppy to chase. Get at least 2 females per male and I think you'll be fine. Good luck!

Not a great idea but if you have a mellow betta and add the guppies first you should be fine

Shadownova said:
Not a great idea but if you have a mellow betta and add the guppies first you should be fine

Female bettas aren't usually aggressive . That is a good idea but it does depend on their temperament

Okay so i got a beautiful little female betta at petco. I thought she was just white with a red/purple on her tail, but i put her in my tank she changes colors (mostly probably its the light). She has a part of a black stripe on her side, and has a whole spectrum of colors on her body. Bwt she is about the length of two dimes next to each other. Shes just a baby =P When i can get a good pic i will post it!

548477_3083321817072_113795722_n.jpg

250944_3083323057103_1734801440_n.jpg

522136_3083320777046_1236615557_n.jpg

This is Opal. I have no idea if its actually female though. How long do Bettas live?

Back
Top Bottom