Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Female betta blows a ton of bubbles in the days leading up to releasing eggs!

Hi! As the title says Iím just wondering why my female betta blows so many bubbles in the days before she releases her eggs. There are a ton sitting on the surface of the water! Every time I try to look it up the only thing I can find is stuff about males making bubble nests which wouldnít apply to a female.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've had a female betta do that too. I think she just caught her reflection and thought there was a male and decided to make a nest herself.

Tags
betta, bubble, bubbles, egg, eggs, female, female betta, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com