Female betta fish color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cgarris4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A few days short of a month ago I got a female betta (picture below) and wanted to know if she will change to a darker color. I made sure to get the youngest female I could find in order to keep her longer. She has recently gained a bluish tint in her fin a semi silver looking upper belly and a few specs of what appear to be color on her side. Just wanting to know if my little chicky will surprise me one day with some beautiful colors.

Nope sorry.:/ but if she is a baby she probably will color up
Once she gets settled and maybe gets a little bit older. My female was white when I got her and is now more colorful than one of my males!

Attachments

• image-60233995.jpg
    image-60233995.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 81
They change colors through their life, all of mine have. One girl I have started as a pale pink with purple fins now she has navy blue finnage with the blue as an overlay on most of her body. There's no way to definitively say which way they'll go but they will change to some degree.

Yours sounds like a marble. Some bettas change color regularly/constantly throughout their lives. I really want one, they sound awesome to never know what it'll look like next!

Back
Top Bottom