female fin nipping none stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubleguppy_2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday I had boughten some new guppies for my tank.I waited the 15 min in the water and when I let the new ones in. I expected the domination war of nips but most of them stoppd besides 2 of my females which aren't new to the tank. They're doing it to all of the new fish but none of my males did it to each other.I took my two males that had been nipped at baddly and set them aside. They'd hide in the plants from the 2 smallest females that wouldn't stop nipping.

What else should I do??

I respectfully disagree. I've added many species of small schooling fish at different times and never experienced anything beyond the most minor hierarchy argument.

You can try moving your decor around. This makes all the fish think they're in a new tank and usually helps stop the bickering.

Thanks guy!
And I have found a friend to relocate them to with a bigger tank and has taken care of them before.
I'm just gunna stick with all males in my 10 gal. Is that a good idea since there won't be any female??

Back
Top Bottom