Female Guppy and Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where should they go?

• Betta in the 5 gallon, Guppy in the Breeder net

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Betta in the Breeder net, Guppy in the 5 gallon

• Both in the 5 gallon together

• Total voters

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I Have a slight problem.
Stats

29 gallon
CPDS (celestial Pearl Danio)
12+ fry Guppy,
Bunch of Cories Pandas, etc
4 Endlers
1 Betta
1 Female Guppy in breeder net
Planted
Aquacleaqr 70
Caribea Sand black
covered Intake (cut Aquaclear sponge in half)

5 gallon Marineland Hex
Fully cycled
Took used aquaclear Sponge (aged 6 months) and cut to size in filter slot
Current stock
RED Cherries waiting to go in the 29 gallon

Problem
I have just figured out The female Guppy ate ANYTHING , FRY, ripped Plants to pieces, bite my CPDS not nice. She is in time out in the net, I feel guilty her being in the net. Betta HAS BEEN EVEN NAUGHTIER! Killed a fry and bit the tail off a CPD, and took an eye and jaw of CPD. Can a full grown female and Betta live in a 5 gallon, planted, cycled together? These are the options

Guppy in the net, Betta in the 5 gallon
Guppy in the 5, Betta in the net
Together in the 5 gallon.

What to do?

I can't take them back. I have had them way too long. I didn't think anything about the betta. I planned on him going in the 5 and the female staying in the 29 with her fry. But She just turned nasty and tore apart plants, ate fry, chased the other fish keeping them from eating. She actually chase all the other fish away from the top of the tank and nearly died of bloat from all the food. I can't have another tank. I have no place to put another tank. I am having problems changing water as it is. My water changer doesn't reach all of the tanks. I went from working 30 hours to 40 hours per week. I might do a trial as both in the 5 well planted tank. She's bigger than him. I think she could hold her own

Back
Top Bottom