Female Guppy(Still Born) HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatterz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello. In my 29g community aquarium one of my guppies has been EXTREMELY bloated and very inactive all day just sitting on the bottom unless it's feeding time. Today I came home and while doing my water tests I noticed a circle like object coming out her rear. It was a baby guppy, not wiggling out like normal, about 30 seconds later it fell out and my neon tetras made quick work of it. The only thing I can think to cause this was about a week ago I had a slight issue where I forgot to de-chlorinate my water during about a 40-50% water change and had to transfer all fish to a 10g tank for a few hours until the water was treated and stabilized. Although she has been inactive for a couple weeks prior.
I have kept guppies for years and have NEVER seen this happen. I don't try and save babies and have decent planting in the aquarium so that only the few strong fry from each batch make it, she is in a net breeder I have for stressed fish currently and I tried to gently squeeze her but nothing happened. What should I do I have no clue what is going on.

Just saw another dead fry come out, took a few minutes though. Tried to get a picture but she was in the back of the tank.

Could just have been over stressed causing her to drop early. Might not have been time.

Back
Top Bottom